Do I have dry eyes?
Dry eye is a very common condition which affects roughly 30% of the adult UK population
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you using eye drops such as artificial tears to relieve dry eye symptoms?
- Do your eyes feel dry, sore, itchy, gritty or blurry?
- Do your eyes bother you when you're staring at a computer screen, laptop, tablet or phone for long periods of time?
- Do your eyes feel more irritated when you're wearing contact lenses?
Other dry eye symptoms may include:• Tired eyes
• Red eyes – particularly red rimmed eyelids
• Bleary or blurred vision which clears after a few blinks
• Stinging eyes or burning eyes
• A Foreign Body Sensation (when it feels like there’s something in your eye)
• Scratchy eye irritation